Monday, November 07, 2005

TL in 360 (words)

Someone said: “Hey TL, forget your decade in the financial sector, your MBA, or your training experience. No one bothers that you set up one of the first hedge funds in Singapore.”

“It does not matter that you then built a graphic design team that billed more than $5 million of design communications work in three years – your first real three years in this line – or that some of the work was award-winning.”

“Neither do they give a hoot that you left an IPO aspirant as second-in-command and equity partner to start everything from scratch.”

“But if you mean to be a good Christian and marcom pro, you jolly well not short-change your clients. They can sniff you up miles away.”

Well, I think everything happens for a good reason since everything is God's work. So I am not going to think too much of my receding hairline. I shall just think of it as gaining face. And I am not over-weight; just under-height. (A little equanimity goes a long way for me).

What I remain quite uptight over, yet, are my family, team members, friends and clients. They have stuck by me through thick and thin. For this, I dedicate my night-scare and solitary prayer to them.

[A night-scare]: The bridge catches fire on both ends
I found the five of us on a bridge that caught fire on both ends. Behind us was a raging cauldron of hellfire, threatening to engulf us. Ahead of us was a freshly lit torch flittering obstinately amidst icy winds. To falter meant to fall into inexorable physical and spiritual deaths.“Let the winds be. Stay. Don't stray”. Came a calm voice. And so we leaped -- all five of us – forward, towards the torch.
 
[Solitary prayer]: Take stock
I prayed

For the will to take stock
The courage to accept what God will
The faith to carry on

God is great
Working in amazing ways
Answering my prayers
Giving me grace

To face the thorns
And hold the rose

The life of forgiveness
The story of love

The love of God

.....

We live to tell the tale of A Splash Concoction.

No comments: